Saturday, January 3, 2015

I'm in love with my new novel! Seriously, I am. The best part is, I get to do research! Yay! I adore research. You might wonder why. Simple, aside from reading and writing, learning is another passion of mine.

Ever since I was a kid, I've been drawn to books that taught me something.  I'm not necessarily talking about societal lessons, but things of an historical nature.  Mind you, I don't want to be bogged down by facts that I couldn't understand, either, but I most definitely am fascinated by technical things my characters can teach me, things that are woven into their lives, that interest them, that enlivened them.  Or, simply brought the story to life on the pages and remained with me for days afterwards.  In some cases, for years.

In my first novel, I found myself doing a tremendous amount of research, sometimes for a sentence or two, or several paragraphs, but it was so rewarding.  I'm finding myself in a similar situation with the new one and am so excited! It entails interviewing, too!  What's better than that.

In my book, nothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment